Healthcare and the Silver Economy
Is your business involved in healthcare? Then think Namur!
Extending working lives not only places specific demands in the medical-social sector, but also in the ICT, leisure, financial, furniture, ergonomic and home automation industries, etc. These evolutions imply the development of new economic activities: this is what is known as the Silver Economy, or the economics of the aging population.
Locations dedicated to your projects
- Care-YS: The BEP is preparing to create a new business park in Bouge called “Care-YS”.It will welcome companies from 2019 who are active in the fields of self-sufficiency for the elderly, poorly, or the disabled, along with nutritional health and e-health.
- Crealys®, the Namur provincial science park brings over 155 innovative businesses together including a number of key players in sectors with particularly high added value: nutrition, healthcare, services to individuals, new techniques and technology.
- And also: 34 business parks, 30 incubators, 1,300 fully equipped hectares, thematic business parks, a property database, … (link to “Where can you establish yourself”)
An extensive network at your disposal
landscape associated with healthcare. This ecosystem involves a number of key regional and local players: the city and the social welfare centre in Namur, the province of Namur, the Créaogra, the University of Namur, the Gembloux Smart Gastronomy Lab, the Namur hospitals, private entrepreneurs etc.
A number of leading players resemble the future of the Care-YS which is dedicated to the Silver Economy:
- There are three hospitals in Namur and these focus on the quality of care and patient admissions.
- The Rural Home Support Group (ADMR), which operates out of Bouge, allows people experiencing difficulties to enjoy a better life at home at any given time. This service assists over 10,000 households each year.
- The Creagora Christian Mutuality complex consists of a research and innovation cluster focusing on social issues. This Living Lab offers full-scale testing of services, tools, or new applications in the area of domestic support: this includes a social alarm management station, and bathrooms or kitchens which have been adapted for this purpose, etc. The apartments come equipped with devices suitable for patients wishing to face the challenge of independent living with a view to returning home.
- Specialist BEP coaches have been trained to provide you with a customised support program.
Skill sets at your disposal
You have nothing to fear when it comes to finding new recruits in the healthcare, life science, ICT and home automation, etc. sectors! The Namur region provides quality education in these industries.
- The Gembloux Agro-Biotech Faculty offers a Master’s Degree in Innovation and Food Nutrition. The objective is to train professionals who are capable of manufacturing the food of tomorrow.
- The University of Namur consists of six faculties, including those geared towards computer science and medicine, as well as specific research centres such as the Grives group (an interdisciplinary research group which focuses on the aging population).