TERRA: a research centre for the agriculture of the future in Gembloux
Within its Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech faculty, the University of Liège has just launched TERRA, a Teaching and Research Unit that researches and develops biological engineering in the fields of agri-food, agriculture, biotechnology, the environment and forestry.
Key figures about TERRA
- 200 researchers
- 4 CARE (Research and Teaching Support Units)
- Environment is life
- Food is life
- Agriculture is life
- Forest is life
- 7,400 m²
- 21 million euros of investment
High-tech partnerships and infrastructure
TERRA also offers:
- infrastructure with high-tech equipment;
- international partnerships;
- interactions between the universities of Liège, Louvain-la-Neuve and Namur, as well as companies active in the agri-food sector.